When we talk of Holi – apart from Colors and Water, two other things come to our mind – i.e., Thandai and Bhang.
These are unique drinks people often consume during the festival of Holi.
I am sure you are searching for Thandai and Bhang Recipes so that you can make these drinks and can enjoy holi with these drinks.
Bhang Thandai is a very popular drink consumed mainly in North India mainly during Holi and Mahashivratri.
Bhang Thandai is made with milk and paste of cannabis (Bhang). It also includes various spices including saffron, cardamom, fennel, pepper and vetiver.
This cool refreshing drink is terrific especially when the temperatures soar. Its tasty and cools you down!
I am sure you all might be searching for Bhang Thandai Recipe for Holi, How to make Bhang Thandai at Home, Easy to make Bhang Thandai Recipe, etc.
Bhang Thandai Recipe :
Ingredients for Bhang Thandai :
- Water – 1 1/2 liter
- Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
- Milk – 1 cup
- Almonds – 1 tbsp
- Watermelon/Cantaloupe Seeds (Kharboje Ke Beej) – 1 tbsp
- Poppy seeds (Khus Khus) – 1/2 tbsp
- Aniseed (Saunf) – 1/2 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder (Elaichi Powder) – 1/2 tsp
- Whole Peppercorns (Sabut Kali Mirch) – 1 tsp
- Cannabis (Bhaang) – 15 leaves
- Dried or Fresh Rose Petals (Gulab Ki Pati) – 1/4 cup –
Procedure to make Bhang Thandai :
First let us make Bhang Paste.
- Crush Bhang leaves and sugar in mortar and pestle.
- Put crushed Bhang leaves, water and oil in a pan and boil it. Lower the flame and let it steep for around 15 minutes.
- Now let the mixture cool down to room temperature.
- Blend it properly to make the paste.
- Strain the paste in muslin cloth to remove the woody fibers if any and your Bhang paste is ready.
Now lets make Bhang Thandai :
- Crush and Blend Almonds, Poppy Seeds, Watermelon seeds, Cantaloupe Seeds, Peppercorn, Cardamom Powder and Water until it becomes a thick paste.
- Add Sugar and Milk and keep it in the refrigerator for around one hour.
- Mix Bhang Paste with Thandai and shake it more than a minute.
- Add rose petals to the Thandai.
- Serve it with lots of ice cubes.
How To Make Bhang Thandai Recipe Video :
Note : You can also make Bhang Lassi by mixing small quantity of Bhang past in Sweet Lassi.
Wishing all Readers Happy Holi 2018 !!!